While preparing, presenting and after presenting my group sketch
On the first Friday of February, my friends and I played a story in our class. It was interesting to use the way which was acting to tell our classmates about the story. Before presenting, we went through the story, In the Mountains, understanding the story and the characters. Soon, we chose the roles for ourselves and started practising together while sitting in a circle in our class. During this process, we had laughters because we found it funny when some of us acted weird and awkward. Honestly, I got to know my friends even better throughout this process as I had talked and discussed with them in that two days, it was great. What did I learn from this preparing process? Well, I've learnt that cooperation is very important for a group work. We need to speak out our opinions about other people and suggestions that they should take to make improvements. Besides, we have to practise acting as a group not just practising alone so it would make this process more interesting and memorable.
Okay, let's talk about the presentation. I am not sure whether my group grasp the gist of the story well, but I'm sure that we went through the acting quite smoothly. To be honest, I know I wasn't good enough and almost spoil this presentation because I kept forgetting what I was supposed to say. Fortunately, my friends remembered to remind me. Hopefully in the future we get the chance to be in the same group so that we can improve ourselves and make our presentations even better.
It's time to talk about the story that I had read. The name of the story is 'In the Mountains'. This story took place in India, retold by Clare West. The main characters are Pritam, a girl who lives in a rough stone house high on a mountainside, her mother and Doctor Sahib. At first in this story, I found that Pritam was not really close with her family, or I can even say that they don't like each other as the story mentioned that they always have quarrels among them. Even though Pritam seems to dislike her family, she enjoyed preparing lunch for her family when her family came to visit her. I can tell she isn't used to verbalise her feelings and love towards her family.
After reading this story, I've learnt that communication is very important for a family. Sometimes, we argue, being opinionated thinking that our family does not understand us. At the same time, they think we don't understand them. So, a misunderstanding is created. Besides, there are times in order to hide our real emotions, we speak to our family by using the wrong way and they would think that we are being rude. For example, Pritam was touched by her mother when her mother cried because of meeting her. She didn't want to express her true feelings, so she decided to speak roughly to her mother. If I were her mother, I would think that I am not welcomed and of course, I get hurt. So as to not let these misunderstandings happen, we must be honest and show our true selves to our loved ones. People may say they feel weird to just express themselves to their families, but I would say that they are just not used to it. Just try, trying is definitely better than starting an argument.
Comments
Post a Comment